To help make your summer even more fun, Carmen’s Local 589 has compiled a list of family-friendly activities, which are all accessible by public transportation. Our members work hard every day to provide exceptional service for MBTA riders, and we encourage you to relax and enjoy time with your family this summer.
- Visit the SoWa Open Market, which is open every Sunday.
- The market opens every Sunday at 11 am and runs through October 30. Over 100 vendors set up shop in the market each Sunday. While you’re there, enjoy different food trucks and live music.
- The Boston Seafood Festival, August 7
- This festival offers seafood and non-seafood samplings, oyster shucking contests, live music, and kids’ activities. Adult tickets are $20, children’s tickets are $7, and kids under five can attend for free.
- The Annual Chinatown August Moon Festival, August 14
- The August Moon Festival is a celebration of a successful harvest. You can try traditional Chinese cuisine at this festival and watch cultural performances like lion dancing.
- Watch the Red Sox game on the Boston Common on August 28
- Bring chairs and blankets to the Common to watch the Boston Red Sox face the Chicago Indians. Activities start at 2:30 pm, and the game begins at 4:05 pm. This event also offers free food.
- Summer Sunday Movies at Christopher Columbus Park, starting July 17
- Watch a classic movie under the stars at Christopher Columbus Park. It’s recommended that you bring beach chairs or blankets.
Thank you for all you do to keep Boston moving and enjoy the rest of your summer.