Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Given these trying times with COVID-19, we are happy to announce an increase in benefits from the Health and Welfare Trust Fund for all Local 589 Members, which will start July 1, 2020.
INSURANCE: All active full-time members will see a 50%
increase in their dental benefits from Delta Dental and be upgraded to the PPO Plus Premiere National Network,
which now includes NH and RI, giving everyone greater access to dental care.
- The annual maximum will increase from $1,000 to $1,500, which means less money out of your pocket.
- The orthodontic lifetime maximum benefit will increase from $1,000 to $1,500.
INSURANCE: We have picked a new carrier, BlueCross
BlueShield (Symetra), and this has resulted in the following increases of 100% for
active and retired 589 members:
- Full-time actives will be increasing from $25,000 to $50,000
- Part-time actives will be increasing from $6,000 to $15,000
- Retirees will be increasing from $5,000 to $10,000
If you have any questions, please call the union hall and direct your questions to Michael Keller, Bill Berardino, or Karen Maxwell.
Your Executive Board
Boston Carmen’s Union, Local 589