Local 589 members will have the opportunity to participate in the union-sponsored supplemental benefits program (September 4 – 13, 2019), which includes the following supplemental benefits:
- Accident Insurance – pays for injuries & treatments resulting from an accident
- Critical Illness Insurance – pays a lump sum benefit if you suffer from a critical illness such as heart attack and stroke.
- Short-Term Disability – pays a monthly benefit for on- and off-the-job injuries and illnesses
- Whole Life Insurance – provides permanent life insurance protection for you and your family
These plans provide coverage in addition to any existing coverage and there is no coordination of benefits. Participation is completely voluntary and premiums are paid by the member via payroll deduction.
Representatives from National Group Protection (NGP) will be onsite (see schedule below or click here) to provide information on these new benefit options and enroll interested members. Please save the dates for your locations!
- Charlestown Garage: September 4-10
- Bennett Garage: September 4-10
- Cabot Garage : September 4-9
- South Hampton: September 4-6
- Arborway: September 4-6
- JFK, Mattapan, Ashmont, Alewife: September 4-6
- Everett Shops / Fellsway: September 9-10
- Orient Heights / Wonderland: September 9-10
- Lynn Garage: September 9-11
- North Cambridge: September 10-11
- Reservoir: September 11-13
- Riverside: September 11-13
- Quincy Garage / Braintree: September 11-13
- Wellington / Forest Hills: September 12-13
- Albany St Garage: September 12-13
If you have any questions about any of these benefits or about enrollment, please call NGP at 1-800-344-9016.
Boston Carmen’s Union, Local 589