This past Sunday, Local 589 Vice President Peggy LaPaglia, Assistant Secretary Marcus Taylor, and Delegate Allen Lee joined scholarship winners and their families at an annual celebratory banquet at IBEW, Local 103 in Dorchester, MA.
The following students have been awarded Boston Carmen’s Union Scholarships for 2019 in the amount of $2,000:
- Connor Coe: He is the son of our union brother Brian Coe who is a bus operator out of the Cabot Garage.
- Declan Rogers: He is the grandson of our union brother Gosnell who was a repairer at the Cabot Shops.
- Hunter Jackle: She is the granddaughter of our union brother William Crowe who worked on the Red Line.
- Kevin Casey: he is the grandson of our union brother William Casey who is a bus operator out of the Charlestown Garage.
- Sami Elias: He is the son of our union brother Bruce Elias who is a train operator on the Orange Line.
- Yulina Smilyanova: She is the daughter of our union sister Hristo Smilyanov who is a bus operator out of the Charlestown Garage.
We applaud these young people on the dedication and hard work they exhibited throughout their high school years and we wish them the very best in their college pursuits. Please join us in congratulating them.