Update to the Contract Arbitration/Court Case

Good Morning 589 Members:

arbitration

We wanted to provide you with an update to the Contract Arbitration/Court Case.

We had a meeting this morning with General Manager Scott, General Counsel Scott Reed, the Director of Labor Relations Kim Poirier, the COO Sean McCarthy, and Deputy Secretary Perez.

As a result of that meeting, we have been given assurances that the MBTA’s court appeal of our Arbitration Award is being WITHDRAWN. Also, that the WAGE INCREASES will be in the next available payroll week and that the RETRO PAYMENTS will be issued the 1st payroll week in April of this year.

We want to thank you, the members, for your patience throughout all this. We appreciate your comments and your opinions on this matter as well as your continued support and commitment to this Executive Board.

In solidarity,

Executive Board
Boston Carmen’s Union, Local 589

Permanent link to this article: http://carmensunion589.org/2014/01/update-to-the-contract-arbitrationcourt-case/

36 comments

Skip to comment form

1. Hi Paul,

The MBTA is mailing out checks to anyone who retired or has a break in service on May 2nd. For any more questions, please call the union office at (617) 542-8212.

Thanks,

Local 589 Webmaster

• Paul on May 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm

It will be 7 weeks Wednesday and I still haven’t received my check is there a number I can call to see what the hold up is? They said 4-6 weeks.

Paul

• S. Elaine on March 29, 2014 at 10:52 am

ARE WE GETTING THEM THIS WEEK OR WILL THE MBTA HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!!!!!

THEY MAY RUN OUT OF INK AND CAN NOT PRINT THE CHECKS !!!!!!!!LOL

• TJO on March 5, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I would love to see the full contract posted here. Why has it not been posted in PDF or some other form for members to read? I’ve been patient and checked in here daily hoping it would show up. Now we’ve gone through the first pick under the new agreement and still nothing on the unions own website.

Also, I keep hearing that the union is going to take a chunk of our retro? is this true? My barn captain doesn’t know the answer and neither do any of the others I’ve asked. I don’t know why I am bothering asking here since I constantly see members comments/questions go unanswered here.

• Andrew on February 16, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Where can I find the new Contract?

• Jim on February 11, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I hope these “payments” are going to be at least lump sun and not some thing where they pay us over a period of time

• James Steele on February 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I am a retiree and I would like more information on contract benefits and GIC insurance.

2. when i read all the negative remarks from the membership I thank the good lord I retired,contrary to many beliefs the t was a great job ,good wages and great benefits where else can u retire and get as much to stay home as u did working.we worked hard for the raise and look forward to the retro.and if u are on a fixed income get a part time job keep yourself busy.

• george e. burnett on February 1, 2014 at 10:04 am

what about the retirees ?

• j cat on February 1, 2014 at 9:57 am

The union statement does not explain the reason that the MBTA has changed its position on this rejection of the award . Also it does not state when this contract will be signed by the GOV..

As many of us know, the management tells lots of lies. I would like to see this in a written form and signed by the GOV. before I start getting ideas of spending any money that I do not have in my pocket.

GIC is not mentioned , with the handling of this change of heart by the MBTA. This is another union statement that vague on how these issues will be addressed , and the process of going threw the application process.

I would like to see from the union ,statements assuring that no agreement was made to lessen our contract benefits in any way , with this agreement or the new soon to be negotiated. contract…..

• pat on January 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Thec retirees should sue the union,falure to represent in favor of
    working contract wake up retirees they will sell you down the drain